Monday, February 6, 2012

Cilantro, Black Bean, and Corn Salsa

This year for the Super Bowl we tamed down our recipes and had some healthier options.  While that is normally not my style, I didn't regret what I was eating all day.  I have never made salsa before, and this one turned out really good.  I am not the biggest fan of cilantro, so I didn't use as much as called for.  Also, I would add 2 cans of diced tomatoes next time.  I will definitely make this again in the summer time!  Enjoy!


Ingredients
1 (15 oz) can yellow corn, drained
1 (15 oz) can white corn, drained
2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14.5 oz) can Italian- style diced tomatoes, drained
1 bunch finely chopped cilantro
5 green onions, finely sliced
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 lime juice
1 avocado- peeled, pitted, and diced
2 tablespoons olive oil, or to taste

Directions
Stir the yellow and white corn, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, green onion, red onion, bell pepper, and garlic in a large bowl.  Gently mix in the lime juice and avocado.  Drizzle with olive oil to serve.





No comments: