Monday, February 27, 2012

Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats

I may have a slight weakness for desserts, and Skirell may have some input on the degree of my problem.  I think I had four cake batter rice krispie treats at our Oscar get together last night!  The cake batter is a new ingredient for me to use while making them, and it is going to stay.  They were so good!  It adds just a slight cake batter taste, and who doesn't love that?  I used Funfetti cake mix, then use the left over cake mix to make cookies.  My brother made me leave the cookies at their house, so they must have been good.  Enjoy!


Ingredients
3 tablespoons butter
1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
1/4 cup cake mix
6 cups rice krispie cereal
1 1.75 oz container of sprinkles

Directions
Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows.  Stir until they begin to melt, add cake mix slowly so it gets mixed well.  Stir in cereal until it is completely covered in marshmallow mixture.  Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and mix well.  Press into baking dish using a piece of wax paper to make them even in the pan.  Top with remaining sprinkles.  Let sit 30 minutes before cutting to allow them to cool.  

To make cake batter cookies:  Mix 18 oz cake mix, 3/4 cup vegetable oil, and 3 eggs.  Mix well, and bake on 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  

No comments: