Thursday, February 16, 2012

Inside Out Chicken Pot Pie

Sometimes you just need a super easy recipe to make for dinner, and yesterday was one of those days.  I have been wanting to make chicken pot pie for some time, and I stumbled on this recipe.  You could totally play with it and make it your own, but I only added a couple ingredients the recipe didn't call for.  I also doubled the recipe to have leftovers for lunch.  Enjoy this comfort food meal!



Ingredients
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast cut up
1 (10.75 oz) can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (I used 98% fat free)
1 (16 oz) package frozen vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
8 hot biscuits, split
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
*When I doubled my recipe, I used 1 can Cream of Chicken and 1 can Cream of Celery

Directions
Cook chicken in a nonstick skillet until browned, stirring often.  Add salt, pepper, and garlic.  Saute for 1 minute, then add soup and vegetables.  Cover and simmer until done.  I let it simmer for about 15 minutes, until the biscuits are done.  Serve over warm biscuits.



No comments: