Monday, February 27, 2012

Spinach and Artichoke Dip

On Oscar night, it is a tradition for my family to watch them together and cast our ballots for what we think will win (I didn't do so great this year and placed 5th out of 8).  We had a couple friends over this year and we all contributed with small bites for everyone to snack on.  This year I brought hot spinach and artichoke dip, a Betty Crocker recipe.  Next time I think I would add some garlic salt to give it some more flavor.  I served it with sliced cucumbers, red peppers, baby carrots, celery, and tortilla chips.  Enjoy!


Ingredients
1 cup mayonnaise (I used light)
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 can (about 14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained, and coarsely chopped
1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, and squeezed to drain
1/2 cup chopped red pepper (I used the extra pepper to serve with the dip)
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used more)

Directions
Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese in a medium size bowl.  Stir in artichokes, red pepper, and spinach.  Spoon mixture into a 1 qt casserole dish.  Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.  Cover and bake about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted (I wanted to brown my cheese a little bit so I broiled it, and kept an eye on it).  Serve warm with vegetables, chips, baguette slices, or crackers.

No comments: