Saturday, January 28, 2012

Amy's Last Meal...Sort of

While in college in Chicago, I had a roommate that made this poppy seed chicken for us.  I remember we all loved it, probably because it tasted like home cooking.  My sister, Amy, always asked me to make it, so for one of her last nights here in Nebraska before she moved to Michigan, I made it for her and my family.  Everyone enjoyed it, and left little for leftovers.  Enjoy!
Poppy seed Chicken
Ingredients
2 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breast
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz sour cream
1 sleeve crushed Ritz crackers
1 stick margarine, melted
2 tsp poppy seeds

Directions
Cube chicken and boil for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.  Place evenly in 9 x 13 glass baking dish.  Mix soup and sour cream together; pour and spread over chicken.  In a separate bowl, mix crackers, butter, and poppy seeds.  Shake mixture over the top of the chicken.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until slightly brown around the edges.

No comments: