Monday, January 2, 2012

Homemade Corn Bread Muffins

Skirell and I have argued whether you should have cinnamon rolls or corn bread with chili.  I take the side of cinnamon rolls, and he chooses corn bread.  I decided to try the corn bread recipe my friend Shawna sent me so we could settle the score.  Not only were they super easy to make, they were very good!  I went right by the recipe, but I read some reviews later and some suggested using canned corn instead of the frozen.  One the second day the corn can get a little chewy in the muffins, so next time I will try the canned corn instead.  Enjoy!

Cornbread Muffins
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup white sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup canned corn

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease or line 12 muffin cups.  In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, honey, eggs, and salt.  Mix in flour, cornmeal, and baking powder; blend thoroughly.  Stir in milk and corn.  Pour or spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.  Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.  Makes 12 muffins.


No comments: