Thursday, January 10, 2013

Spaghetti Aglio, Olio, e Peperoncino

After going straight from work to the gym, sometimes I just don't have the energy or time to cook a large meal.  Last night was a perfect example, and this was the easiest recipe I could get my hands on.  If you are looking for a new website to look for recipes and such, be sure to check out yumsugar.  With New Year's resolutions all over the place, I am continuing to work on eating healthy, and this recipe allows it.  I hope you enjoy this light pasta!


Ingredients
7 ounces of spaghetti
2 large or 3 small garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons of chili pepper flakes (I added a little more)
1/4 to 1/3 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper

Directions
Cook spaghetti according to the directions on the package, until it is al dente.  Strain pasta and place in a large serving dish.  Add minced garlic, chili pepper flakes, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and mix together well.  Serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments: