Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Apple Glazed Crockpot Pork Roast

This is probably one of the most flavorful roasts I have ever made, or tasted!  I am one of those people that needs applesauce with my pork, and these apples were perfect!  I paired the pork with roasted sweet potatoes and sauteed fresh green beans.  It was a great combination of fresh foods.  I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
Ingredients
4 lb pork loin roast
salt and pepper
6 apples, cored and quartered
1/3 cup apple juice
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp ground ginger

Directions
Trim roast well, then rub roast with salt and pepper.  Brown roast under broiler to remove excess fat; drain well.  Place apple quarters in bottom of 4-6 quart crockpot.  Place roast on top of apples.  Combine apple juice, brown sugar, and ginger.  Spoon over top surface of roast.  Cover slow cooker and cook on low 10-12 hours, until done.  Slice to serve.

No comments: