Saturday, July 2, 2011

Snacks, Snacks, Snacks

  Anytime my friends and I get together I get excited to make my favorite appetizers/snacks.  About a week ago we had another get together before my best friend Allison and her husband moved to Kansas City.

  Sweet Crispix is definitely one of my favorites to make, and it is definitely addicting!

  1 Lg box Crispix
  1 Can Mixed Nuts
  2 Sticks Butter
  2 Cups Brown Sugar
  1/2 Cup Corn Syrup
Melt butter, add sugar, and corn syrup.  Bring to a rolling boil and cook for 1 1/2 minutes.  Pour cereal and nuts in a paper grocery bag (double bag).  Pour butter mixture over the cereal and nuts, close bag and shake to mix.  Microwave the mixture while still in the bag for 4 minutes, shaking the bag after each minute.  Pour onto wax paper sprayed with Pam and let cool. 

I went through a phase of being obsessed with Triscuits, and I still love them.  On the back of the Fire Roasted Tomato and Olive Oil flavor there is a really good recipe I have made a few times.  It is super quick and easy! 
Tuscan Herbed Ricotta
  1 Cup Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
  1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
  3 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Parsley or Chives
Mix ingredients and serve with Triscuits. 


 

No comments: