Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Brown Sugar and Dijon Glazed Pork Loin

I have been terrible lately at planning meals, which is why we have been eating out so much.  Last week we finally wanted to settle down and cook something new.  I was looking for something easy, but good, since I didn't prepare anything the day before.  I stumbled on this recipe and loved the way it turned out!  The mustard and brown sugar combo tasted great on the pork roast, and would be really good with a baked ham.  You may notice my nice makeshift roaster in this picture.  I don't own one yet, so I rolled pieces of foil to create one for the roast to sit on.  It actually worked out perfectly! One of these days I will get one :) Enjoy!
Ingredients
Pork loin roast (I used one about 2.5lbs to have enough for leftovers)
Large grain Dijon mustard (I used Grey Poupon)
Brown sugar

Directions
Trim the fat from the roast, leaving only a quarter inch of fat on top at the most.  Season the pork loin with salt and pepper and open roast the pork on a rack at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.  Remove from the oven and cover the entire surface with the large grain mustard, then press the brown sugar into the mustard, all over the roast.  Return the roast to the oven, reduce the heat to 375 degrees.  Continue to roast until the internal temperature reaches 175 degrees on a meat thermometer.  Baste the roast with drippings several times during cooking.  Let it set for 10 minutes before carving and serving.

No comments: